Friday 23 October 2009

Finding the Joy in Nature



As a young girl, one of the things I enjoyed doing more than anything was playing in my grandfathers back garden. His garden was a joy; it was filled with colour and big enough to race around and lose myself in. This was my grandfathers passion and in turn, as a young girl, it also became my own. I would dance through his flower beds on a broom (which was of course my pretend horse)
fully unaware that forty years later I would be out working on a garden nursery in a beautiful location, still in fact dancing with my broom (which had now become a microphone stand for that wild rock child within). This joy never left me and as a result has constantly managed to help me retain the inner child that loves to play and has been my best teacher and guide. I have made some of the best and funniest friends in the frog world. And as for the birds, the best lessons in survival are found outside with them on a cold winter’s day. Just ask one of them, they’ll share with you their own secrets if you are quiet enough to listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment